Friday, September 6, 2013

Extra Credits

     For all you aspiring game designers out there (like myself), I would highly recommend watching Penny Arcade's internet Series, Extra Credits. The series is created by people with actual experience within the digital media field. Daniel Floyd, the narrator, is an animator at Pixar Canada, James Portnow, the writer, is a game designer and has worked on many video games. He now runs his own game design consulting firm and holds a professorship at DigiPen Institute of Technology. The series has been on-going for some time now and they have covered all kinds of important topics for videogames ranging from what it takes to be in the industry, games as art, games in politics, and games for education. You can also catch all of their episodes on YouTube a week after they premier on Penny Arcade TV. A must watch for anyone serious about video games in my opinion.

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say how happy I am to find another gamer who watches Extra Credit. I have learned so much from them. I have been able to bring up the topic of the Uncanny Valley in many of my conversations with friends thanks to this group.I get to feel so smart. I don't know if games are where I am meant to go in the future but I am keeping that door open very wide at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea same here pretty much. I don't know for sure if video games will be my career, but it's certainly something I'm interested in. And I love the Uncanny Valley episode, I've shown it to a bunch of people too ;).

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete