Saturday, September 21, 2013

Babel

I have been on a Mumford & Sons kick as of late. Today, I watched the music video to their song, "Babel." This is probably one of the coolest music videos I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it, you may do so now.
I LOVE the way they use a panoramic-type view. The camera moves flawlessly in a circle around the room. The band members all play an instrument (sometimes more than one at a time), and even trade instruments throughout the video. Sometimes a person is shown twice in the same shot, both playing different instruments.
The building used in this video itself is phenomenal. I love how much character it has. The building is old, and parts of it are falling apart. This is fitting for the song, as they are singing about walls "crumbling down."
I am so impressed by how well done this video is. It would have taken a lot of time to plan out, film all of the different parts, and then put it all together.
Four for you, Mumford & Sons. You go, Mumford & Sons.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing! I wonder how they were able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great video!!! I have mumford and sons "babel" cd and "sigh no more" A really fantastic band!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great video!!! I have mumford and sons "babel" cd and "sigh no more" A really fantastic band!!!

    ReplyDelete