Thursday, October 17, 2013

▲NEW VIDEO IS NEW▲

▲NEW VIDEO IS NEW▲


Just uploaded a new video so you should check it out and subscribe if you haven't already.



Thanks to everyone who helped out with it! Taylor, Terry, Liz, Caity, Shawn, Rachel, Emily, Lance and Karli.


OK, so I've been thinking about why I like making videos and animations. For whatever reason I get a kind of satisfaction from watching something move and come to life on a screen that feels like nothing else. There's a certain joy in creating something that seems to have a life of it's own. This may sound funny, but I imagine the feelings I have towards an animation I just made is similar to what a parent might feel about their children, albeit not as extreme. Creating is one of the best feelings, and that drives me the most. It's so much fun and fills me with joy. 

Why do you guys make things? and how does it make you feel? It would be awesome if people joined in on this conversation. I think it's an important one for artists, and I'm sure we could relate. 

Make on!

~Josiah▲

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about animating- I've only ever done one animation, and that was the summer of last year, but after I saw all of my hard work move and come to life I knew that it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. You can make your characters do whatever you want and create your own little world.. I like escaping from reality through drawing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to Karli! Seeing my drawing come to life and make a difference in the world inspires me and motivates me. For my senior project I wrote and illustrated a children's book with the help of 3 fourth graders. And seeing their eyes light up when they saw that drawing isn't stupid or a waste of time. As they were drawing out their illustrations (they each did about 2) they were so happy and all they wanted to was draw. Seeing them inspired by my efforts and art was more than amazing - it was indescribable! I knew right then and there that I wanted to use my talents to not only make me happy but also to inspire and make an impact on children and adults alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's so amazing! I wanna have my own cartoon when I get older; I wanna be the guy who makes the next Spongebob. It's a really old show as far as cartoons go (they seem to have a few phases and then fizzle out), but it's still going strong with just the reruns, and it's impacted us so much that I quote it on almost a daily basis. I wanna be able to have that kind of an impact on kids (and adults) alike!

      Delete
  3. I think my reason for making art if more toward just having fun. Drawing is something I do when I have nothing else to do or when I get inspiration, spur of the moment. Most of my art has no real reason behind it. And the stuff that does must've been a school project or something. X3

    ReplyDelete