Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cloudy


So cute!













Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is one of my favorite animated movies of all time! It is hilarious, beautifully animated, and the characters are so cute and relatable! If you have not seen this amazing film by Sony they you should right away (I have it if you would like to borrow it!). 

 
This movie is about a town on an island in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of New York and focuses on the life of Flint Lockwood an aspiring inventor. All of his life his inventions have either been failures or humiliated him. While he is discovering his true potential, his father pushes him to help him with their Tackle Shop. Frustrated and desperate, Flint makes his F.L.I.D.S.M.F.R. or water into food machine to change the world. After Flint’s machine is shot into the sky and the town basically destroyed, the F.L.I.D.S.M.F.R begins to rain cheeseburgers. Thus, Swallow Falls is changed forever into a food paradise and the mayor changes the town’s name to “Chew and Swallow”. So long story short, the F.L.I.D.S.M.F.R, goes hay wire and Flint and the gang are forced to destroy the F.L.I.D.S.M.F.R.



"I got my eye on youuuu,"



Not only is the animation stellar but the characters are each unique and hilarious. Take for example Earl - he is an over the top cop and will tackle jay walkers. He is wary of Flint and threatens him by saying, “This contact represents you and my eye represents my eye. I’ve got my eye on you.” All of the characters have their moments like Steve, Flint’s dad, Sam, Manny, and Baby Brent. It is really hard to not laugh and enjoy this movie.

Overall, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a wonderful and inspiring film that encourages originality and uniqueness! 










2 comments:

  1. I need to see the second one because the first one was just so cute :) Have you read the book it was based off of? The movie is nothing like it, but it's still totally amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read the book! And after seeing this movie it makes me want to read it (if only I could find the time!)

      Delete