Friday, October 11, 2013

IDIOT

So I was an idiot. I totally forgot that I watched Rashomon with everyone! I remember what I was going to say about it though. I AM SUCH An IDIOT. Here I am crunching and I had an easy way out this whole time. This is life, might as well keep moving forward.

Rashomon had a great concept which many movies have taken from since then. It wells a story from multiple people's perspective. The thing that makes it really shine is that the stories don't fit together. Obviously someone is lying. One of the main premises is that you can't trust everything you hear. The movie makes you wait till the  very end to learn the full truth, and even then it isn't a happy truth. The evil in man's heart won in every story even the last. But obviously as anyone who watched it would know, the movie tries to tell us that the good it people will never fully burn out. We see this in seen with the baby.

My one problem with this movie is that it is SUPER slow. I understand it is older, but we as an audience need to watch a girl crying for 5 minutes. We as an audience are smart enough to understand that she is sad. While I was watching the movie, I was tempted to just go out of the room and take a break during the crying scenes because I got so bored of them. Why didn't anyone change this part of the movie? That is my question.


No comments:

Post a Comment