Friday, October 18, 2013

Blood Brothers

     First off I gotta make a shout out to Shawn for being amazing. It makes me feel really cool to have you cartooning here, too!! It's funny because I usually draw myself with a black t-shirt and jeans as well when I'm not making it for the blog P: Seriously y'all, if you haven't seen Shawn's blog scroll down RIGHT NOW and read it. It's a very awesome tale of procrastination :3 
I feel so special ;u; <3

     So anyways, Blood Brothers! What an excellent and moving film. I cried. Seriously. It was so emotional, and I really didn't know what to expect when I walked in to see it. I think it was really cool to see the story of this one guy and how he came to love the missions field and India. It really moved my heart, and I feel the same way about Guatemala (I've been down there on family mission trips for the past two summers), and I really can't wait to go back this coming summer!
     I also love the companionship between the guy that moved and his friend, and how he went over to India with him to see what it was like and to experience it with him and to film. It was really incredible to see the work they did and how much of an impact they had on the community and on the children they interacted with.
     The film really captured loss well, and it made me feel like I was right there experiencing it alongside the two as they lost the little girl and mourned. I'm glad they showed it and advertised it as much as they did and I was surprised at the turnout! I wish we could do that with other films as well (maybe not the Kurosawa... Haha they're good and all, but I can only handle so much black and white drawn out movies that screen late at night) so that way we could get more of the campus involved with the DMA department!!
     Have fun at fall work day, y'all P:

No comments:

Post a Comment