Thursday, August 29, 2013

Randi Orr


 
 
 An introduction ...
 
 
The thing about names is that they tell a story and create individualism among our peers, our community, our culture, and this world. What does the name Randi Orr signify? Well, how about I share my story and the significance of my name shall remain open to interpretation by my peers and by this world.

 
  I grew up on a beautiful and magnificent horse farm in Corunna Indiana where corn surrounds all four corners of our land. The sun would shine bright and I could feel the love of God. It is from my experience and observations at my country home that I began to associate the sun with God’s love, the rain with His soothing hand, and the night with His blessing of peace. I own 9 horses, I have a twin brother, and our family bond extensively flourishes through our love of animals and through the cinematic arts.

In high school I was committed in broadcasting, show choir, and amnesty international. At Huntington I hope to continue my passions by embracing God and the digital media arts program. I am a freshman at Huntington University, and I anticipate double majoring in Film Production and Broadcasting Fusion media in order to incorporate both my passion for storytelling and incorporating my passion to inform and expose the truth.

To me film is more than just a movie, it is more than pure entertainment, more than hanging out with friends, and more than filling time. Film is an art to be appreciated and deconstructed. I hope this year I can accomplish a deeper understanding of filmography therefore enabling me to grow unto unimaginable depths … with the Lord’s blessing of course.

So I leave you today hopefully with a better understanding about me as an individual and as a person. I cannot wait to establish a relationship with every member in this class and get to know you. My motto for this year is to “embrace your passion” and I will enthusiastically continue to embrace God and this department.

God bless,

Randi Orr
Ps. Johnny Depp is my favorite actor and I dislike spiders the following pictures explain both like and dislike.
 

A man of many faces

Warning:
Image does not include Indian (Tonto)  from Lone Ranger! Has anyone else seen Lone Ranger?

       Self
explanatory!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, we are very proud of you Randi and happy your "Embracing your Passions" please let someone else take care of any spiders you may come in contact with LOL. Envoy Huntington University and All it has to offer you, we look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete