Sunday, December 8, 2013

Wreck-It Ralph Review


So, when Wreck-it-Ralph first came out, I really wanted to go see it. However, I never had the chance to go. And finally, my friend and I sat down a while ago and watched it. I absolutely loved it! The animation, the story, and the characters are all so much fun. All of the references towards other video games was also enjoyable.

 
    The story is about a video game villain named Wreck-it-Ralph who no longer desires to be the bad guy and wants to be appreciated and loved. On his journey to prove himself worthy, he comes across many different fun characters and environments. I really enjoyed the concept of this film. There aren’t too many movies out there that focus on the “bad guys”, and it is interesting to see it in such a creative setting. I never would have imagined Disney creating a movie all about video games, and it is a very refreshing movie. I loved all of the subtle references to more adult video games like the red exclamation point from Metal Gear. The whole glitch idea with Vanellope was also brilliant! I won't spoil it for anyone, but I liked how the ending tied her character together in a way I didn't really expect. 

The animation in this movie was also very neat. Some of the characters still moved like they would in the actual video game. I appreciate the creators attention to such detail. I like how Disney has become more interesting in their plot progress on. I have a harder time predicting how the characters will reach the ending with current Disney, which makes it all the more exciting to go watch them. Wreck-It Ralph is a very fun movie, and if you haven't seen it, then I highly suggest it!

No comments:

Post a Comment