Saturday, November 2, 2013

Seven Samurai

This blog is on the second half of the Seven Samurai that was shown at Signs and Wonders. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the first half so I'll talk on the part I did see. What I watched in this movie was a small farming community including, the seven samurai, is fighting a war against a group of bandits. A lot of people died but at the end, it's the farming community that comes out on top. There was some parts of the film that was slow that made the movie drag on but with that aside, it was a pretty good movie. I would have to say my favorite part was how it ended, the little community of farmers won but at a great price. All the farmers sang with glee over there victory, as they work their fields, but not the three remaining samurai. The elder samurai just looked at the grave mounds on the hill, at the top was four mounds, each had a sword sticking in it. As the three remaining samurai stood by the grave, overhearing all the singing, the elder of three said," the peasants won but not us". I like how true to reality that scene was, I truly doubt that mere citizens have the same outlook on winning a war then the soldiers that fight to win it. That scene seems to capture the true essence of loss. When it comes to war, no one wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment