Saturday, October 12, 2013

Whats The Point


First off I hope everyone is having a great fall break!! I would like to write about something that has been on my mind lately. Writing blog posts.. whats the point? Thats the question… Other than the fact of having to write them in order to get a grade…(I would say forced, but alas its a choice) What is the point. That is the overall feeling I have gotten from the whole class and the blogs. I may be wrong in some ways, and perhaps that is not how everyone feels. None the less I couldn’t help but bring this up. I also guarantee I will regret posting this. Either way what's the point most of you will most likely not read this. I have enjoyed blogging and sharing things because, there is a lot of cool stuff to experience and learn about in this world. Yet when I look through the new blogs for the day it kinda saddens me to see no comments on nearly every blog. There is some great material here and I think it would be awesome if we actually got into a conversation about things. Although I fear I should just lose hope because, most of the time the only reason people get on the blog is to see if anyone commented on their blog and thats it. We should use this as a way to grow and expand to challenge each other and imagine new things. Otherwise if we choose to disregard the blogs then what's the point other than a grade and a few wasted minutes of life..


3 comments:

  1. First of all, I read it.

    Second of all, the blogs are each a conversation. If you want to comment on every blog post, be my guest. If you don't want to comment because that's not a conversation you want to be in on, go for it. Saying that the blogs aren't helpful is kind of frustrating to me. When I did this class no there weren't always comments, but yes there were always conversations. Sometimes people talk in person rather than the interwebs. So yeah. Happy fall break, may the force be with you, and may the blogs be ever in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for chiming in Katy. I think you're missing the irony behind Rachel's question. She's trying to stir the same pot you're stirring. . .at least I hope she is. if not she's in big trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I do occasionally comment on things that I'm interested in, but it's hard to get into it because we don't really get notified if someone replies back unless we select that option, which I forget to do a lot of times. One sided conversations aren't technically conversations.

    ReplyDelete