Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Street


Today in class we watched Caroline Leaf's "The Street". I love the technique she used with water based colours on glass. I like the way she pans the "camera" around the scenes and blends her transitions so seamlessly. I enjoy the scene when the boy is swiftly sprinting through the streets and all the events taking place on his left and right. It shows how his day flies by and time still moves on. The motion is smooth and it just works.

I can relate very well with the situation having 3 of my grandparents passed. The way she conveyed the crowds all gathered around, talking, mourning, and quietly standing about is a really good portrayal. The little boy was surprised at first to see so many people at his house, but he soon learns the sad truth from his parents. I understand the boy not wanting his grandmother's back room after her passing. There is just something about living in place where there is death, that becomes very uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment