Friday, October 25, 2013

School of Rock 10 Year Anniversary EW Reunion


It's crazy to think that ten years has gone by since 'School of Rock' first hit theaters. I remember that I was so mesmerized by the film that I made my dad take me to see it twice. It has become one of my favorite childhood films. Can you believe that Miranda Cosgrove is 20?! She is currently attending USC and majoring in acting - go figure. 

Anyway, it was nice to hear what the band members are doing now, their favorite memory of Jack Black, and what they did with their paycheck. Not surprisingly, Miranda Cosgrove is the only one out of the bunch that went on to do bigger things. Most of them felt like acting wasn't their thing and pursued musical careers that haven't gotten them anywhere yet. Some saved their money and put it in a bank for later, while others spent it on new drums, coats or trips to different countries. 

Entertainment Weekly does a special issue every year where they 'get the old band back together' from T.V. shows, to movies. Others that were in this year's issue were 'Mystic Pizza' and 'Do the Right Thing.' I think that if a T.V. show or movie has become so popular that people want to know 'where are they now,' that it's sort of the pinnacle of what they set out to do in the first place: be memorable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment