Friday, October 11, 2013

Moore's Law

I heard from someone that computers get twice powerful every 1.5 years. It is called Moore's Law. If that is true do you ever thin of the possibilities? We can do amazing things at this point. We animators are making objects in a virtual world right now. Some would say that, with enough time, the object could pass for real. It's a beautiful thing.

Go forty or fifty years in the future. What will it be like? I know that I have thought of this stuff since I heard about this. I have always dreamed of virtual worlds that we could enter as a person. I guess that is still a little far fetched but I can dream. Another thing that I had thought of was a computer with enough power to read your mind in some way. With enough control we could animate things through thought. Instead of working hours and hours to get a certain curvature, you could envision it.

I always loved to make up possible futures. Computers are amazing things that can do so much good in the world. I really hope that the world starts using computers for more good. If we could all just learn to get along and help each other we could do SO much more. A world without viruses, that would be amazing wouldn't it!?


1 comment:

  1. This is such an insightful blog! I'd love to imagine that sort of futuristic world where we could animate with our minds and all that, but unfortunately technology is a double edged sword :/ know how we were talking about all the spying and crap in writing and research? It seems as though some of the technologies were invented for the greater good, but then there were another set of people who turned around and used it for something that's invasive and wrong. I feel like our human ability to innovate is so amazing, and yet at the same time I feel as though there has to be a point at which we stop because the cons outweigh the pros. However, at the same time, I don't think fear of bad people should stop the advancements. I dunno. Haha a world without viruses would be so dang nice!

    ReplyDelete