Thursday, October 10, 2013

Llama face!

In the Disney movie, Kuzco's New Groove, with the help of my younger sisters and mom, I recently noticed something very interesting. Have you ever noticed his "no touchy" hand gesture? There is an extreme amount of foreshadowing in this one thing alone.

Watch the very last bit of this video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4uV3icrmw0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DV4uV3icrmw0

Note how his hands go from the "human, no touchy" almost the look of hooves. It shows the chage that he is going to go through before we even hear about Yzma's plan to kill him and or to change him.

Before I started taking this class and actually looking for these things, I never would have seen that any further than, "oh, that's interesting." And that's probably how my sisters thought of it until we started talking further about it. Before now, I probably never would have even seen that little detail.

You can see even further similarities when he makes the "no touchy" gesture as a llama later in the movie. I just think its also funny that, along with talking, he retained some of his human like features. This "no touchy" gesture for instance. He totally doesn't even notice that he doesn't have hands at first because the gesture is so similar!



1 comment:

  1. AAHHH OHMYGOSH YOU'RE SO RIGHT I REMEMBER YOU TALKING ABOUT THIS OHMYGOSH THIS IS SUCH A GREAT MOVIE LET'S WATCH IT SOMETIME SOON <33

    ReplyDelete