Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dont eat that! It's not rat chocolate...



Blood Brother….I was not expecting a documentary. It looked like it could be a retelling, but I was not expecting what we got, that is for sure.

 I was amazed at Rocky’s transformation, he didn’t even want to work with kids at the beginning of the trip, yet he stayed, in what we would call horrible conditions, to basically love on these kids. Something I noticed, we also got to see (Steven, was it?... I’m calling him that) go through his own struggles and what he thought of the situations. Here he is, watching his best friend clean the filth out of wounds on people who are considered in most cultures unclean. And he doesn’t know how to feel about it, he doesn’t want to be disgusted, but let’s face it, cleaning puss out wounds is pretty nasty in and of itself, add this disease to it… you get the picture, it’s considered unclean. He wanted to help and not be afraid though, and I think he got more than what he expected from this trip to India, both of them did.

I was also wondering through the whole movie, if Rocky was a believer. I don’t think we ever get a definite answer to this question. I kind of viewed it like the story of Esther or Ruth, while God is never mentioned, his work and hand can be seen woven throughout. 

Random side note ( I should just make this a habit ) This is the only documentary I had a favorite line in...any guess as to what it was?

No comments:

Post a Comment