Monday, October 21, 2013

Blood Brother


Even though I'm only blogging about this for the triple blog credits, I really enjoyed the documentary shown in the MCA on Thursday. It was definitely a tear-jerker, but it made me think about a few things.

I think that the main message of the movie is to go forth and do something outside of your comfort zone. We should not fear uncertainty because we can never predict the benefits of putting ourselves out there, doing good, and being the change that we would like to see in the world. I, like Rocky, would never think about living at a home in India for HIV positive women and children in India. However, the movie showed me that sometimes opportunities present themselves when we least expect them and we should not hesitate to take them. They may be difficult at times, but they're ultimately more rewarding that we could have ever known.

From a technical standpoint, I thought "Blood Brothers" was well made. I liked how Rocky wasn't portrayed as a perfect hero, but instead a human being with his own flaws. The story was well paced, the composition was beautiful, and I really felt an attachment to the subjects. It was also really interesting to learn firsthand about the culture in rural India.

No comments:

Post a Comment