Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dark Shadows

   Last night, I invited some people over and we watched Dark Shadows (the 2012 Tim Burton film, not the old soap opera that the movie was based on). While it was a very cheesy and kind of funny movie, Dark Shadows did not present a whole lot of a challenge to me. While this movie contained a few themes that can be used to better live our life, Dark Shadows was definitely more for delight, definitely not a kick in the gut kinda film.
   However, like I said before, Dark Shadows did have a couple of themes that could be applied to real life. The witch breaking apart at the end of the film - she was just an outer shell of a person. The only thing she wanted of any value was Barnabas, and her heart literally broke when he refused her. Don’t be a player – it will come back to bite you later (haha, see what I did there, it is vampire movie…haha). I also saw a little the concept of a broken family trying to rebuild itself, though it was stereotyped to death. That probably was an attempt to make it humorous, but since the whole film was full of stereotypes, it was a bit cliché.

1 comment:

  1. I love this movie and I am glad you decided to blog about this, I also thought the theme of "True Love Conquers All" applied to this film. Yes, it's a cheesy theme that can be used for a lot of movies but I also think that it is an accurate one. The reason being is that Barnabas' love withstands the witches attacks and even endures through the curse of being a vampire. All in all I thought this movie was very funny in a lot of ways so thank you for blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete