Thursday, August 29, 2013

BEST POST EVER

     Hey guys! I'm Karli Melder, and I'm super excited to jump headfirst into the ocean of the animation world and completely drown in all the information that it offers! I love cartooning, especially when it comes to messing with anatomy and making a character look completely ridiculous, because I also love to make people laugh. I want to have my own cartoon show one day that people of all ages can laugh at and enjoy! It would be my dream to work for Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.

     I'm from Marietta, Georgia and a freshman at Huntington this year! I'm going to double major in animation and psychology: I just explained why I'd love to major in animation, but my reason for the psychology double is more complicated. I love to help people, but I feel as though the general populace doesn't like to be "helped" by going to a psychologist or psychiatrist and becoming a "patient" or "client," so I want to have the knowledge to help people on a professional level, but as a friend at the same time. I plan on networking and getting to know a ton of people so I can reach out to them and help out as a "professional friend!"

     Recently I just finished illustrating two children's books (both from different authors with no relation to each other) and I will be looking forward to their being published sometime around the upcoming holidays! I'm currently attempting (attempt is a good word here) to create a webcomic. I have five chapters loosely outlined, but I still have a ton of work to do before I can even post.. On another note, I'm heavily considering making individual doodles for each blog to add personality to it.

     I'm very loud and VERY silly; I like to think that I'm funny, but you'll be the judge of that (don't be surprised if I laugh at my own jokes, though)! I like to laugh a lot, and I've heard it's infectious. I enjoy watching animated films and movies more than anything, and I think each artist has a unique aspect about their style that I could hopefully be able to learn from or build off of! I have a ton of pets back home, but I brought a small goldfish named Forrest (after the Forester!) with me and I love her to death, so you'll hear me mention her a lot. Rather than swimming, she wiggles. We both have a way of doing things, and even though she probably couldn't possibly care any less, I think we have a lot in common. I also tend to write a lot because I have a lot of things to say and a lot of thoughts to share (I'm rambling right now), so my blogs will be paragraphs. You have been warned.


I look forward to blogging and replying to y'all's blogs; I think our class will become a close community through this and our experiences with Professor Leeper in the classroom!Keep up the awesome!

     
(Inspired by my wonderful roommate, Rachel Jackson. PS it's Loki. Too pro.)
Loki'd!

2 comments:

  1. Loki =D... I love your summary of dark shadows drawing you left me....

    ReplyDelete