Sunday, December 8, 2013

Top 3 Music Videos

Last second blog... let's do this.

#3:
I love Michel Gonry's work from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to his music videos with The White Stripes. I thought that the premise to this video was interesting. It's so simple and somewhat surreal yet very effective in keeping the attention of the view as they try and decipher the video. 

#2:
The Shins are one of my favorite bands, so I was excited to see a music video set to one of their songs. The gothic character design was amazing and the upbeat music created a wonder dichotomy between sound and sight.

#1:
I think that it's interesting that this song was originally written by Trent Reznor in his early 30s and then completely repurposed but made wholly more effective by Johnny Cash. The lyrics are very powerful for a man who's reached the end of an incredible career.
#

No comments:

Post a Comment