Sunday, December 8, 2013

School of Rock (Double Blog Credit)


When Jack Black first crashed his way on the silver screen in the blockbuster hit, “School of Rock” I was initially surprised by the movie. Some may not know this but, all of the children in the movie that play instruments actually play them in real life. They performed all of their music for the film and soundtrack; to have such skill at a young age is truly awe-inspiring. Through my first viewing I found the movie very painful to watch, knowing fully well that eventually the school was going to find out that he wasn’t a teacher. However, I applaud the movies extent of rock and roll trivia. I feel that Jack Black had to play a subdued version of his usual characters, and it really drew back a lot of his potential. Another fun note, Miranda Cosgrove got her career jumpstart from this film signing on with Nickelodeon for Drake & Josh and later taking the main role for iCarly. I did find it a shame that almost all of those skilled kid musicians were unable to hit it big from that movie. “School of Rock” was quite a fun ride. Its subtle humors as well as, its jokes hit close to home.  Jack Black was entertaining, but still lacked that special flair he’s known for. All in all, I give School of Rock a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment