Sunday, December 8, 2013

30th Blog OH YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

     As the blogging comes to an end, I realize that I should probably blog on something serious, but no. That is totally not happening. For my final blog I am going to write about adult cartoons because I absolutely adore them and how they push the limits. I understand that this may not suit everyone's fancy, because honestly over half of adult cartoons are violent, crass, and offensive, but that's exactly what I love about them! I love how they push the limit, because I can relate and like to as well.
     One thing I really adore about adult cartoons such as Comedy Central's South Park is the crass, unfiltered language and offensive phrases and happenstances. At first, I was completely horrified by some episodes and absolutely could not watch them, but then I came to a realization: some of the things in that show actually bring out some major flaws in my worldview, and it forces me to think, reevaluate, and/ or justify what I believe and why. It's actually a pretty philosophical experience for me. You also gotta be able to lighten up and laugh at yourself, right? Really, though. These things are made to offend, but if you just don't get offended then you have nothing to worry about and can actually see through some of the crap they throw at you on screen.
Kenny has always been my favorite because he's so dang cute! I hate how he always died! It's funny how you get used to his muffled talking and can eventually understand him; they don't censor what he says :3

     Another thing I love is the violence. It's terrible, I know, but I love it nonetheless. I think it's really interesting and awful how captivating I find it, but only in Adult Swim's Superjail! I came across the show early freshman year when I was in high school, and there's just something so captivating about it... I think it has something more to do with how trippy the show is than the violence, though. If you can imagine a twisted Willy Wonka who's the warden of a jail, then you can effectively imagine Superjail! in all its gore- filled glory. It also has a dang ugly art style and fugly characters, but I found that I eventually grew to love them. The warden, a messed up Willy Wonka who always invents new ways to keep the inmates trapped in Superjail, Alice, the weird..... Thing (either she's a woman who's a guy or a guy who's a woman) that guards Superjail, Jared, the Warden's ex- alcoholic and ex- gambling accountant, Jailbot, the Warden's loyal robot that keeps order in Superjail, the Twins... Who even knows what they do? Cool subtle rave music plays in the background whenever they come on screen, what's not to love? And last but not least, Jack Knife, the only inmate to ever consistently escape and be re- captured into Superjail (the episode always starts out with Jailbot arresting Jack Knife and taking him to Superjail). 

     I feel like there's an unmentioned taboo on adult cartoons due to content, but sometimes it can be fun to kick back, relax, and melt a few brain cells. I think some people take these things too seriously (South Park was almost cancelled for making fun of Mohammed, but honestly they make fun of their OWN religion and pretty much everyone else's too), because these things are meant to rustle your jimmies. I dunno, I'd love to hear what other people have to say, but since there's only 10 minutes left to submit blogs I doubt that'll ever happen. Haha happy blogging everyone! Yay 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment