Friday, October 11, 2013

The Future is like a book. Or is it?

I was at my old school today and I had to keep telling people that I was doing animation. Everyone is always like, "Oh that sounds cool". What I kept thinking was that I was the one to who even considered this major. No one thought it as a possibility until I found it personally on my free time. I think that the school system has to do better at telling students what options they have. Maybe if we had more of those tests and we had a way to see every option we would have more variety in occupation.

Now there is still the idea of jobs that haven't been made up, but we could still try. I think some of the best occupations are those that weren't even thought of until it was made up by one man in the middle of nowhere. I feel like for me personally, I have a lot of different little gifts that God is going to use, but I am worried that I will have to be one of those people that made up a new occupation because I don't think animation is going to be the only thing involved. It will take time but I may find what I am looking for in these four years at Huntington University.

God gives us all different gifts and abilities. I just wish God would come and say, "Lance you should do _____" Wouldn't that be the greatest thing ever!? What I was told last year when I was thinking of this kind of stuff was that I was thinking to hard. I thought that God has only one thing that He has destined for our future. What I was told by my mentor was that if I live ofr God, He will be happy with whatever I do. Still not sure what to think.


2 comments:

  1. Hm that is really interesting P: I have a really hard time listening to God too, but my very wise RA told me once that she thinks that God leads us to what He wants us to do through our passions, so wouldn't it make sense to do what really gets you off? I mean, of course, occupationally and not personal choices that could possibly be sinful (obviously). I wish they had a huge test with every option too because I feel like I could be missing out on a seriously cool job that I've just never heard of before, and I'm not quite inventive or daring enough to create my own job :/

    ReplyDelete