Sunday, September 29, 2013

I Don't Love You



My Chemical Romance, a punk rock band that was started in 2001, and broke up March of 2013 (right after I started to really like them). I particularly like their album The Black Parade, and a song on that album, called I Don’t Love You, has definitely kept my attention. I decided that for once, I would watch the music video to the song, which is something I’m not known for doing. I was pleasantly surprised by this one

The entire video is in black and white, so it has some interesting effects with the lighting and tones. And when the video is not showing MCR tripping on something, the story actually fits the song. There are some interesting scenes in the story, like how he ‘rubs off on her’, people effect each other, for better or worse. The guys falling, falling in love. I also saw part of the mythic cycle displayed, the lovers met for the last time in autumn, under a tree in that had lost close to all of its leaves, after that they part ways, love is gone. The flashbacks were to a summer hill top, which can be taken as they were high from infatuation.

I didn’t understand what the exploding instruments had to do with the song… It seems like those were just put in for interesting effects. I also question some of the other scenes with the band, but since most music videos are made up of those, that is probably why I don’t watch many ( or because Nightwish doesn’t have many…)

No comments:

Post a Comment